Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Winter!

Winter! What a great time! I like all the seasons of the year, but the winter is my favorite! There are so many things you can do during the winter. Ice fishing is season is coming soon. It is actually started already in some places in Alberta! I already got my ice auger sharpened. The only thing that left is to grease my reels and to put some cooking oil or butter on the line (so it will make my line water resistant and I will have no problems with ice on it…) oh, I forgot about one more thing! I have to clean up and organize my tackle box! The most boring thing ever =(( During the spring, summer, and fall I get so much stuff that is basically garbage, but if I throw it out, I will definitely need it next time I go fishing. I think it is a perfect time to get rid of it during the winter because it will get all rusty or rotten before spring comes.
Right now, ice is about three to five cm thick. It is safe to walk on it if there is no underwater current. It often happens that that you drill a hole in one place and the ice is fifty five or sixty cm thick, but when you drill a hole a hundred meters away, ice is only twenty or thirty cm… first ice is the most dangerous; however it is the best! You do not have to drill 50- 90 cm and water is rich with oxygen, which makes fish active. I would like to go if not this week then next… if the weather is good, then I expect an average size of trout to be 25 -30 cm. oops, I just jinxed it….

3 comments:

hadeel said...

I used to like winter too. It was my favorite season, but in canada everything is different. I think is so chilly here than any other place in the world.

maja said...

We have a joke in Swiss German about fishing that can be translated like that:
- You know what's even more boring than fishing?
- Watching (someone fish).
Then you're supposed to laugh...

Ghazal said...

Hey man, you are so wierd.(ha I am just kidding.) I think the same. winter is really beautiful and the colour of this season is all white and pure.